Sunday 5 January 2014

Formula and Derivation for CUMPRINC and CUMIPMT in excel

CUMIPMT and CUMPRINC  are two neat formulas that excel provides to calculate the cumulative Principal paid between two periods and cumulative  Interest paid between two periods respectively.

Now these formula are not available in all software we use. For example Tableau does not have it. So when I was writing the blog "Advantage; Homeloan" using the tool I had to derive the formulas myself. If you need to use them here are the formulas with derivation. (sorry did not have the patience to make re do this on the system)


                  

This is Appendix Just in case you need it


4 comments:

  1. This would be so helpful...if only it was typed out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input....I know it could have been helpful i wish i was able to do it......but the time i would spend typing it out is way too much...
    let me know if there is a tool that makes writing math equations easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please tell me what is "a" in formula page 2 (In = ...). I am trying to figure it out but have a problem.

    Thanks
    -Seyed

    ReplyDelete

Was this useful Information?